Months of sustained global challenges have had a grave impact on countless businesses. We sat down with TECA CEO, Tom Fischer, to ask how TECA is helping their clients meet and beat those challenges to emerge stronger and more successful than ever before.
- How have the events of the past seven months affected your clients?
- In addition to the pandemic, our clients have serious concerns about business continuity in the face of threats from wildfires, hurricanes, and civil unrest. As a result, we’re seeing an increase in requests for comprehensive Disaster Recovery (DR) services as well as DR testing.
Additionally, there’s a higher demand from clients who are concerned that their business could be physically disrupted or shut down as so many were in cities like Portland and Minneapolis.This proactive mindset regarding DR testing is certainly positive as it ensures these businesses that their backups are not corrupt, defective, or missing information before a disaster occurs.
- Have you noticed any other trends?
- Yes, we have. The pandemic forced so many companies and their employees to work virtually that it led to an elevated interest in moving their production workloads to TECA’s cloud infrastructure. Also, many clients are interested in an automated solution to backup and recovery, as they have limited access to their systems. Our services have given them safe and reliable options to accomplish this.
- In what ways have you expanded your functionality to meet your clients’ changing needs?
- We’ve added new infrastructure to expand our services to a wider range of clients. In addition to AS400 and x86, we have the hardware and team expertise to easily run in AIX environments as well. For our clients, it’s beneficial to have access to the breadth of our services across all these environments in one location.
We also have the ability to provide encryption at rest across the board, something we can implement easily with little disruption to the end users’ production environment or processing. In the past, this process required a significant client investment in software and overhead, but with our infrastructure, all that additional effort isn’t necessary.
- How will TECA respond to challenges that might emerge in the future?
- Ultimately, as current challenges evolve or new ones present themselves, TECA will continue to adapt to the changing needs of our clients, ensuring peace of mind and secure business continuity.
Questions about TECA’s DR Testing, Cloud Services, Hosting, or Backup & Disaster Recovery? The expert TECA technology team are happy to help. Contact us today.
With so much instability in the world right now, it’s critical that your business has a Disaster Recovery Plan in place. Whether you haven’t created one or just need to update it, TECA Data Safe can help ensure that your Disaster Recovery Plan is effective.
Questions? Contact us today to find out how TECA Data Safe can help you.
True or False?
Since the beginning of the pandemic, gaming usage has gone up 75 percent. Can you correctly answer this TechTrivia or will you reach game over?
The average age of gamers in the US is 35.
True. You might be surprised that the stereotype of the teen boy obsessed with Fortnight is not accurate. It’s actually 35-year olds who have a death grip on their PS4 controllers.
Surgeons who grew up playing video games make 37% fewer mistakes.
True. Before you schedule that elective surgery, it might be a good idea to ask your surgeon if they spent their teen years playing Minecraft.
Nintendo was started in 1889 as a greeting card company.
False. They started as a playing card company in Japan in 1889. We’re guessing their stock skyrocketed in 1977 after they distributed their first video game console.