As we bid farewell to a year that was only marginally less challenging than the year that preceded it, we look ahead with optimism and excitement. There’s a lot of new things we’re looking forward to at TECA. Tom Fischer, TECA founder and CEO, reveals what lies ahead for TECA and their clients in 2022.
- What can TECA’s clients look forward to seeing in 2022?
- We’re excited about adding even more IBM storage products that expand our capabilities across the spectrum of speed, capacity, and security. The last is especially important in today’s environment.
- Can you offer some examples of how this will benefit your clients?
- From a disaster recovery point of view, it allows us to bring High Availability (HA) and replications to whole new level in terms of capabilities and the service we provide. Best of all, it’s all delivered at an even more cost-effective rate.
For example, we are able to replicate from SAN to SAN (storage area network) which allows us to perform backups at a nonproduction location with minimal interruptions to the business. Faster, remote backups mean faster recovery time with no impact to production time.Additionally, the SANs we’ve acquired have built-in encryption across the board and also allows for immutability. This permits us to make a copy of a production system and place it in an immutable state where ransomware cannot touch it.
- What other features are available to help your clients?
- The VTLs (virtual tape libraries) we utilize now offer an immutable component which provides our clients an even higher level of protection against malware and ransomware. That kind of security brings our clients tremendous peace of mind.
- Is there anything else your clients can look forward to seeing?
- We’ve developed a new service called TECANet which is an enhancement to the monitoring and alerts services we currently offer. It allows for more comprehensive monitoring of systems across the board, plus expands our storage and administration capabilities to various IBM systems. It’s one of the most cost-effective and efficient tools we have available.
As we transition into 2022, we’re excited to be offering our clients state-of-the-art tools and services that are going to amplify security and make it easier for them to avoid business disruptions that too often follow in the wake of disasters.
Questions about TECA’s new products or services? The expert TECA technology team are happy to help. Contact us today.
If yours is a business that could not possibly endure lengthy downtime, you may want to consider TECA’s High Availability (HA) solution. Should disaster strike and your systems go down, HA gives you the ability to failover to the cloud in just minutes. Because we provide near real-time mirroring to a recovery server at our secure site, you’ll be back to business quickly with little to no downtime.
Questions about HA? Contact us today to find out how TECA Data Safe can help you.
True or False?
Are you up on the latest gadgets? Test your knowledge on the most cutting-edge tech that are all the rage this year.
The Dodow is a metronome light designed to block out overactive thought patterns and lull an insomniac to sleep.
True. It’s actually more effective than a warm glass of milk and much less repulsive too.
GoDonuts is a messaging device that connects to every donut shop within a 35-mile radius of your location and lets you order donuts for delivery instantly.
False. GoDonuts is a donut-shaped stand for virtually any brand of smart phone. Besides, if you could instantly summon a donut delivery what would the office intern do every day?
Hootie looks like an owl and is motion activated to emit deafening screeches when pests like rabbits or woodpeckers appear.
False. Hootie is a personal alarm that produces 120+ dB sounds when activated. Like our fictional Hootie, it is also designed to scare away pests.